Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Tommorow.

Tomorrow I'm getting on the big "hairplane" (asher) and flying to China.

I don't think the weight of that will actually set in until my feet are on China dirt. In 2010, I wanted to linger....it was a sting to leave and believe that I may not be back anytime soon.

But God.

He is so good to His kids, y'all. He knew. This trip. This time.  He knew.

And my God is allllllllllllllllllllllllll about making that cup run over.....

Our first day in the orphanage will be Ashley's birthday.

I wasn't there the day she was born. Her birth mother held her and no doubt loved her...smelled her and examined her from top to bottom. Probably grieving that her baby wasn't born "perfect" for society. And made a hard, hard choice.

But I will be there this July 1st.

Putting my arms on babies who's mama's made the same one and who are waiting for their forever families to come for them. Holding them. Smelling them. And whispering over them that they are fearfully and wonderfully made by a God who adores them...

He's redeeming the time, friends.

 In His own extravagant way that never, ever, ceases to amaze me.


You have given me greater joy than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine.."


Thank you for your prayers......next blog....CHINA!

<3,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment