Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I thought I was prepared......

So we've had our two Dr visits for the week and now we just wait for the next ones! We first visited with the surgeon who will be repairing his hernia (has an inguinal hernia, we knew this). It was a quick visit and we're just waiting for the nurse to call and give us a surgery date. Then today we went to our ped. for his first head to toe look over! A few weeks back the nurse had sent me the papers to go ahead and fill out for him as a "new patient." Jay drove and I filled them out otw there.
Mistake.

Questions 1-20 asked the following:
normal pregnancy?
Full term?
Premature?
Birth Weight?
c section/natural?
date baby sat up?
first walked?
first crawled?
first tooth?
ear infections?
hospitalizations?
major illness?
allergies?
family history of....?

you.get.the.picture.

I get so tired of writing "unknown"

I remembered this from Ashley. I even told a friend yesterday at lunch, "i'm prepared! I know they are going to ask those things and I'm ok and I'm ready!"

Only I wasn't. Amid the tears and snot (so thankful Jay was there and he drove!) I had to remind myself...

we'll have our own "firsts."
he's home for good
he's overall healthy
we are so so blessed

But he has so many, many holes in his story at 2 years old. A mama should know those things about her child, y'all!!!!!!!

Hard stuff.

But overall, he's tiny, and he's behind, but he's HERE and he'll catch up and he is STILL the cutest baby boy I've ever seen :)

And the Lord WILL RESTORE!!

Joel 2:25 (The Message)

25-27 "I'll make up for the years of the locust,


the great locust devastation—


Locusts savage, locusts deadly,
fierce locusts, locusts of doom,

That great locust invasion


I sent your way.


You'll eat your fill of good food.


You'll be full of praises to your God,


The God who has set you back on your heels in wonder. *I LOVE THIS VERSE!!*


Never again will my people be despised.


You'll know without question


that I'm in the thick of life with Israel,


That I'm your God, yes, your God,


the one and only real God.


Never again will my people be despised.

You know what's so cool to me about that verse? God sent it. He sent the locusts. If it were me I'd be saying, "it's the enemy just trying to destroy!"

Only here it wasn't.
God sent the hard stuff.
But He also redeemed.

 He promised to restore those years!! Sometimes, hard stuff is just God ordained. But in the end, it's so

"You'll know without question that I'm in the thick of life with Israel,That I'm your God, yes, your God, the one and only real God."

Thank you Lord that you ordain the hard stuff and that you know, and that you RESTORE.











4 comments:

  1. Praying that the obvious hand of God far out-weighs, out-lasts and out-shines the holes in Asher's life. Not just for him, but for his mama's big heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing down all those unknowns was hard for me, too. I love the way you look at it and quote the verse from Joel, though. Yes...sometimes God sends the hard stuff that only HE can restore, and through that we get to see His miracles at work! Oh the glory of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have our first appointments next week. I think the unknown hurt as much with the older child. I think in my head its like Well I just did not miss that by a few months if only we would have seen her a few months earlier I'd know the answer to that question. With Matti adopted at 26 months that feeling was there cause she was around 19 months at referral So yeah if we would have started sooner and so on. But it did not happen so I just try to enjoy not knowing because i'm able to put ? marks not unknown so I dont have to write it lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your heart, Emily. So glad Asher is healthy overall, and that he is with you at last.

    ReplyDelete